Why SEO Must Be Considered When Designing a New Website
Today’s consumers expect instant gratification. With just a few clicks on their keyboards or a couple of swipes on their smartphones, they can find exactly what they want, when they want it. Whether it’s an upscale restaurant or car dealership in their local area, everything consumers need is right at their fingertips.
That means that no matter what type of industry your business is in, chances are pretty good that your target audience is using search engines like Google to find the services or products that you provide. In order to tap into the power of such a highly connected society and offer the customers you are trying to reach the instant gratification that they demand, search engine optimization (SEO) for your website is an absolute must. Why? – Because without it, you’ll miss out on crucial opportunities to engage with your target demographic.
What is SEO, exactly? Why is it so crucial for your website? Below, find out the answers to these questions so you can boost the success of your business.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization, better known as SEO, is a strategy that promotes your website and improves the quantity and the quality of organic visitors your site receives from search engines. Search engines, like Google, aim to point users to the websites that best meet their needs. In order to do that, they assess the keywords that they use to search for the specific products or services that they’re looking for.
For example, when people search “restaurants on Long Island” on Google, the search engine they input their query in will point them to, you guessed it – restaurants that are located on Long Island. When the websites for Long Island restaurants are properly optimized for these keywords, they’ll show up higher in the user’s search engine results. Why does this matter? Let’s take a look…
How SEO Benefits Your Website – and Your Business
In today’s business world, SEO is a vital part of marketing. Simply put, if you want your business to success, your website needs to be optimized.
Here’s a look at some of the top reasons why optimizing your site is an absolute must:
- It boosts your visibility. The more visible your website is, the more your targeted audience is going to notice it. The more your targeted audience notices your website, the more visitors your site will receive. More visitors = more business. Think about it: unless your business is visible, the people you are trying to reach probably aren’t going to able to find it. It doesn’t matter how amazing your products or services are, if your audience can’t find you, they aren’t going to know you exist. Thanks to SEO, your site – and thus, your business – will be more visible. Why? – Because it will appear where today’s consumers look for what they need: the Internet.
- It builds brand authority. When your targeted audience can find your website, the more familiar they will become with your business and your brand. SEO can help your business become the first name that comes to mind when people are in need of the products or services that you offer, making you an authority in your industry.
- It improves the quality of your traffic. Not only does SEO increase the number of visitors that your website receives, but it also enhances the quality of visitors it’s receiving. In other words, you’ll experience an increase in the number of visitors who are more likely to purchase something from your business, which translates to more conversions.
- It helps you stand out. When your site is properly optimized, you’re doing more than just improving its rankings; you’re also making your rankings better than your competitors. As a business owner, one of your top priorities is to show your targeted audience why you are the best option for their needs. With SEO, your audience will be more likely to go to you for their needs instead of other businesses that offer similar products and services.
- It improves user experience. Search engines want to offer their users the best results possible. To do that, they not only direct people to sites that offer content that’s relevant to their needs, but they also direct them to sites that will offer them a better experience overall; easier navigation, more visually appealing, etc. Search engine optimization involves more than just targeting keywords; it also improves the design and the usability of your website. Visitors are more likely to stay on, search, and by from user-friendly websites.
The bottom line is this: a properly optimized website will significantly improve the overall success of your company, which is precisely why it is such a critical component of your site’s design.
To learn more about how SEO can benefit your business, contact Hozio, a leading Long Island search engine optimization firm. Our team of expert SEO analysts have years of experience behind them and will deliver incredible results that will take your success to the next level.